ChevronWP7 Labs Weekend Update
- Please re-download a new copy of the unlock client. 0.2 and below clients will either say “Connectivity issues” or simply crash. Sorry about that, we added upgrade support in 0.3.
- We aren’t quite ready for new payments at the moment, so that will remain offline. Our focus is to unlock the paid user base — they’ve been super patient thus far and we appreciate it.
Changes we made over the weekend:
- Resolved an issue in which certain Windows themes (e.g. Classic) would cause a crash.
- Resolved an issue in which the client did not report unlock status in rare cases.
- Decreased queue poll timer from 10 to 5 seconds.
- Added custom messaging support, allowing us to force upgrades if/when needed.
- Added a few more checks around our Zune socket code.
- Altered dependency check messages to indicate the browser window will appear after you click the OK button.
- Added a version number to the unlock view.
- Added an FAQ. (We’ll work to keep this updated with relevant questions/answers.)
- Added heartbeat functionality to clear stale entries in queue (e.g. next-in-line client lost connectivity)
- Improved logic in the queuing and registration areas
We’ll be standing by to monitor this new rollout and provide updates in this post if things go awry. Thanks for your patience, we’re getting there!
Update (7/11 4:53PM UTC): We’ve identified an issue causing client to crash. Please verify you have Windows Phone Support Tool v2.0 installed in the “Add/remove program” list. If you have version 1, please upgrade http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2530409