ChevronWP7 Labs Nov 14 “Mulligan” Update
Yeahhh, we’re just going to sweep that last deployment right under the rug. Sorry about that. :(
We ran into some interesting Windows Phone Support Tool binary versioning issues and also inadvertently introduced a bug in the ‘screen locked’ detection logic that blocked anyone with a developer unlocked device. (That’s pretty much everyone using the tool. Oops.)
We corrected the mistakes and pushed out a new client (0.5). Full change log follows.
- Removed MD5 hash check of WPST binaries, as they’re not consistent across platforms
- Added load-check for old WPST binaries to replace MD5 hashing (see above)
- Broadened our WPST binary version checks, again as they’re not consistent across platforms
- Fixed a bug introduced in the “screen locked” logic, preventing unlock
- Added extra question marks to our app.config file. (Semi-inside joke.)
- Added no-cache to IIS to help mitigate the downloading of our old broken clients.
- Added a “query parameter” at the end of our client download link to mitigate old client downloads…
- … but then removed it as Internet Explorer choked on this; it tried to save files as .5 and  files. (Yikes.)
Thanks for your patience!