Where’s my App Hub refund?
As we zoom past the days in July, many of you have been wondering about the status of your App Hub refund. Let me start by apologizing for the lack of updates on this front. Ensuring Microsoft and ChevronWP7 Labs see eye to eye on disparate sets of data has been quite a challenge. Here’s where we are:
- 9551 ChevronWP7 Labs customers were submitted to Microsoft for refund processing.
- Only 702 of those customers came back as having a matching App Hub and ChevronWP7 Labs account.
- Of those accounts, 36 did not exist in a supported App Hub country and therefore were denied a refund.
- And of those accounts, 385 were found to have App Hub accounts opened before the January 1, 2012 date and were also denied a refund.
- As a result of this processing, 281 customers are in refund batch #1 and should be receiving their refunds by the end of July, if they haven’t received them already.
With these numbers in hand, we were worried that only ~3% of our customers were actually receiving refunds. After some research, we have determined there was some confusion internally and externally around the matching of ChevronWP7 and App Hub emails.
Specifically, we told our customers to ensure their Live ID matched what was in our ChevronWP7 Labs database. We discovered, however, Microsoft does not have access to App Hub Live ID information and therefore can only match based on App Hub profile information. So long story short, we screwed up.
But don’t panic! Here’s all you need to do:
- Visit wheresmyapphubrefund.com and type in your email address. Click submit.
- If the site indicates that your refund was accepted, you’re good to go! No action necessary. If not, keep reading:
- Go to create.msdn.com and sign in to your account.
- Click on your name in the top-right corner, then click Account Info.
- Update the Email Address field on this page to match the email used at ChevronWP7 Labs. (If you need to retrieve or change the email address on file at ChevronWP7 Labs, email us.)
- You’re done! We send Microsoft a new list of eligible customers every month so check the Where’s My App Hub Refund site later to ensure your refund was processed successfully.
Again, we personally apologize for the confusion. We will continue updating the blog and the Where’s My App Hub Refund site with data as we receive it.
Thanks for your patience.